Would you like to download our mobile App from the App Store? Enter the access code ‘Robscan’ when prompted in the AppDownload
RS COVID-19 Update: JobKeeper Payments - Key dates and eligibility
Employers are eligible for the JobKeeper payment if all of the following apply:
- On 1 March 2020, you carried on a business in Australia or were a not-for-profit organisation that pursued your objectives principally in Australia.
- You employed at least one eligible employee on 1 March 2020.
- Your eligible employees are currently employed by your business for the fortnights you claim for (including those who are stood down or re-hired).
- Your business has faced either a :
- 30% fall in turnover (for an aggregated turnover of $1 billion or less)
- 50% fall in turnover (for an aggregated turnover of more than $1 billion)
- 15% fall in turnover (for ACNC-registered charities other than universities and schools).
- Your business is not in one of the ineligible categories.
Business owners operating as a sole-trader, company, trust or partnership may also qualify for JobKeeper payments where the owner is actively engaged in the business, or a director is actively engaged in the business.
From 20 April: enrol for JobKeeper payment.
By 30 April: enrol and pay your employees to claim JobKeeper payments for April.
4 May onwards: identify your employees.
Each month: reconfirm eligibility.
If you need more time, you have until the end of May 2020 to enrol and identify your employees.
If businesses are unable to satisfy the Basic Test for Decline in Turnover, the ATO have released the legislative instrument for the alternate tests business may satisfy in order to receive JobKeeper.
The registration date for Jobkeeper has been extended to 31/05/2020 and still be entitled to back payment for the first fortnight of March . Refer the attached link.